Some of you might decide to build your own house on a piece of land.It is important you considerthe planning & building regulation issue from the feasibility srage of the project.

Please call Plan B Architecture today on 0208 4072472 to find out how we can help you with your planning needs for the self  build project.


Do I Need Planning Permission?

If you intend to build your own home on a piece of land you will require planning permission to do so.You can do the project on a solo basis or as a group or shared basis.

Do I Need Building Regulations?

Building regulations will be required for a self build project.
If you are unsure about whether you are required to comply, you may wish to contact your local Building Control body.

Self Build in a Conservation Area:

Self Building in a Conservation area is likely to require planning permission. If you are in doubt and think your project is minor it is advised  to check with your local authority before proceeding the works however minor may still require permission.It is absolutely necessary to obtain the required conservation area consent prior to beginning any works. Going ahead without this may result in a fine or imprisonment, or both. 

Demolition in Flats or Maisonettes:

Please check with your local authority prior to starting any works.
Note - If you are a leaseholder you may need to get permission from your landlord, freeholder or management company.

How Plan B Architecture can help you

At Plan B Architecture we would be glad to assist you with any query you may have regarding Self Build.

Call Plan B Architecture Today On 0208 4072472 To Find Out How We Can Help You With Information On Self Build.

Last modified on Wednesday, 08 November 2017 19:41