Planning permission would be required for most of the shop related projects be it change of use for classes, change of use from residential to shop and alter the shop's adverts, fascia or projecting signs.

Please call Plan B Architecture today on 0208 4072472 to find out how we can help you with your planning needs for the shop related project.


Do I Need Planning Permission?

You must obtain consent as it is required before an advertisement is displayed and the Local Planning Authority may take action (including prosecution) if no consent is in place.
You may also require the consent of the landlord or landowner.
Some authorities may have specific polices to retain a level of retail uses.Permission will also be required for commercial extractor flues if cooking is intended to be carried out on the premises.
The placing of tables and chairs on the highway is very likely to require a licence from the highway authority to allow them to assess factors such as pedestrian movements, sight lines and road safety.
Changes in signage are likely to require express advertisement consent.

Do I Need Building Regulations?

The regulations define converting a home into a shop as a 'material change of use' and specify the requirements with which,as a result of that change of use, the building, or the relevant part of the building, must comply.
The specific requirements include those concerned with escape and other fire precautions, hygiene, energy conservation, and access to and use of buildings.The building may therefore need to be upgraded to make it comply with the specified requirements.
You should also check with the local fire authority, usually the County Council, to see what 'on-going' fire precautions legislation will apply when the building is in use.
The building regulations may apply to certain changes of use of an existing building even though you may think that the work involved in the project will not amount to 'Building Work'. If you are unsure about whether you are required to comply, you may wish to contact your local Building Control body.
Shop projects in a Conservation Area: If the shop is in a Conservation Area you may need to make a planning application if you intend to do any works on the shop.It is absolutely necessary to obtain the required conservation area consent prior to beginning any works. Going ahead without this may result in a fine or imprisonment, or both.

How Plan B Architecture can help you

At Plan B Architecture we would be glad to assist you with any query you may have regarding works on Shops.
Call Plan B Architecture Today On 0208 4072472 To Find Out How We Can Help You With Information On Shops related projects.
Last modified on Sunday, 21 January 2018 11:03